8.03.2010

Weekend Fun!

Eric and I had a wonderful weekend! It started Thursday night. We went to a Farewell Fiesta to say good-bye to a good friend who moved to Brussels for a year. We are so happy for you Jess and miss you very much!

Eric took the day off Friday and helped me run errands. (I recently had minor foot surgery and anything from climbing stairs to grocery shopping is quite the feat). Then that night we had another farewell party for our good friend Janae who is moving to Palestine for a year! Way too many good-byes in one week.


The cake Jamie made. A suitcase with bumper stickers of all the places Janae has been and is going!
 (www.SweetCakesbyJamie.blogspot.com Check it out!)
Saturday was beautiful! Eric and I went on a date (our first, maybe since the wedding) to the Minuteman Park in Lexington. We have heard from so many married couples how important it is to date even after we're married, so we're going to start doing something at least once a month.  We had a picnic lunch, then I read while Eric took pictures. He got a fancy camera a few months back and photography/photoshop have become his new hobbies. I love it because I get really beautiful pictures to hang around the apartment!



That night we watched the Newburyport fireworks by boat with my whole family. One of my favorite annual boating traditions! It was a great time with family, food, and a beautiful fireworks display!








Glow Stick Fun!



We finished off our weekend with yummy food at Eric's father's on Sunday afternoon. For the past few years, Eric has gone to his dad's every Sunday afternoon for lunch, and when I joined the picture I started going too. It's always a really relaxing day with delicious food! (His father is a chef!)

Overall, a very refreshing weekend with friends and family. 

No comments: