9.01.2010

Busy, busy, busy!



I know it's been a while since the last post, but it sure has been busy around here! Today was the first day of school at Mount Hope. For the past week and a half, I (with the help of 2 moms and a husband) have been busy preparing my classroom for today. And it looks great! (Also, a shout-out to Court who helped cut some lamination. Thanks darling!) I will take pictures of my classroom and post them ASAP.
It was a very HOT first day of school. No lie, my classroom had to be 90 degrees. But we managed. The kids were uncomfortable but I think they had a great time. I have seven students. Of course we all hope enrollment increases, but I think I am going to love a small class. I have three boys and four girls and they are wonderful. I know two will be challenging academically and one behaviorally, but the more experience with this the better prepared I am for public school.

Eric and I have gone on an annual back-to-school date since the first year of college. We usually go out to eat and then spend time praying for our school years. It's a great tradition. I was sad though because I was the only one of us actually going back to school this year! But we're both thrilled that Eric is done with his classes and can now focus on his thesis.

We had a gift certificate to Maggiano's. We were first timers and we thought it was DELIZIOSO! I recommend the spinach and chicken stuffed manicotti!


The best part of the date... I got to wear a REAL shoe on my right foot! Matching shoes for the first time in 6 weeks! My doctor told me I can start weening my way out of my surgical boot. A couple hours in, a couple in real sneakers. Unfortunately, my foot is still very swollen, so a sandal (which I'm pretty sure is off limits) hurt like heck. But it was worth it! Beauty is pain. 

1 comment:

Leslie said...

It was a shame to cover those pretty little piggie toes in a boot!
Glad you're on the mend.