10.08.2011

Busy as a Bee!

Yes. I'm well aware. It's been a while! But here is why I have very little time to update:

Grad. School
I am taking three classes this semester. 
Understanding the ELL (English Language Learner) - Tuesdays 7-9
Language Acquisitions - Wednesdays 4-6
Children's Literature - Thursdays 7-9
Because school is only 15 minutes away from work, it doesn't make sense to come home in between.
I'm out of the house from 7:30-the end of class. 

Work/Fellowship
5 days a week I am a full-time intern at the Consentino school in Haverhill. I am mostly working alongside the kindergarten teacher but I also help out in first grade. I LOVE it! I love the administration and every one I work with! Amy (the kindergarten teacher) and I have become instant friends! They treat me like one of the staff. I feel so welcome and so involved.

Community Group
Eric and I have resigned from leadership and decided to create a rotating schedule. This way everyone gets a turn to lead and no one person/couple is responsible for the whole season. The series is called The Christian Atheist. We are really enjoying it so far; discussion has been great.

Sunday School
I committed to teaching the toddler (2s and 3s) class for the next nine months. Our children's ministry leaders recognize the importance of consistency and routine for little children and want to build strong relationships between the students and their teachers. I completely agree so I committed and am loving it so far! It helps that both of my nieces are in my class, too! It's been really fun. 
Quick Aside: Last week I taught about Moses, Pharaoh, and the frog plague. I explained to the kids that Pharaoh was a really mean king and wasn't nice to the Egyptian workers. I asked what they thought God should do to Pharaoh, and my niece Bella said, "Put him in time-out!". 

Homework
(Enough said.)

In my (very little) free time, I spend time with my family and husband. He's been wonderful during this stage of our lives. He has been picking up some overtime and always helps with dinner and house chores.

It will be a long, busy year. But in the end, worth it. 


3 comments:

Jamie said...

don't forget tuesday dinners with jamie!

Donna said...

That's right! I would never forget that! It's my Tuesday highlight!!

Leslie said...

You and Eric are such a great support to one another as you each take turns going through Grad School. I agree, it will be a long year but certainly worth the effort. This is the best possible time for you to be doing this and getting it done so you can continue on in the careers that will satisfy you the most. Make every effort to carve out time for sleep in that schedule, ok? We love you.