10.23.2010

Meet Chilton... He's the life of the party!

Eric and I did some more Fall things last week. We carved a pumpkin and made leaf and acorn shaped sugar cookies! 

I bought the pumpkin for my class, to weigh, measure, and estimate the seeds. It was a great activity for the class, and the best part was, the kids did all the slimy work and Eric and I just had to carve it! :)

Of course, the engineer had to sketch his design first. 
Then, draw it with pen. 
THEN, carve. 
The pumpkin was at least 2 inches thick, so it was hard to carve! I could only manage carving the nose.
SMILE!
Meet Chilton. He has a VERY positive outlook on life! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so fun! Chilton looks like he'll be a great addition to the Favini home! :)

Donna said...

If only he were a permanent addition... we had to let him go... (He was rotting!) He has a good home in the woods. RIP Chilton.